1. What is the format of the NCLEX-RN examination in Canada?
The NCLEX-RN exam consists multiple-choice questions,calculation, exhibit,hot spot, multiple response, drag and drop and audio.
2. How many question on the NCLEX-RNexam?
There will be approximately between 75 to 265 questions on the exam.
3. What is the exam length?
It depends on the number of questions.
4. How much time do I have for each question?
In order to complete the exam, you need to manage your time to approximately 1 minute per question.
5. What is tested on the NCLEX-RN exam?
Safe and Effective Care Environment
- Management of Care 17-23%
- Safety and Infection Control 9-15%
Health Promotion and Maintenance 6-12%
Psychosocial Integrity 6-12%
- Basic Care and Comfort 6-12%
- Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies 12-18%
- Reduction of Risk Potential 9-15%
- Physiological Adaptation 11-17%
6. What is the passing Score?
Passing score is when the computer can determine with 95% certainty that you’re performing at or above the required minimum which is 75%; Please go to NCSBN website for more details.
7. What was the passing Rate?
According to the NCSBN website, first time, US educated students have about 91.23% pass rate on the NCLEX.
8. I am planning to take the NCLEX-RN exam in Canada. How do I prepare for the exam?
There are many available resources may help you prepare for the exam.
a. Canadian NCLEX-RN exam Prep Courses
b. NCLEX-RN Examination Questions
9. How long does it take to receive exam results on the exam?
You may receive your exam result within 2 weeks of the exam.